Rank: # 72
Market Cap: $ 836,381,104
Volume (24hrs): $ 86,096,968
Circulating Supply: 1,130,576,375 EOS
Price in BTC: Ƀ 0.00001695
Change (1 Hr): 0.47%
Change (7 Days): 9.49%
Change (30 Days): 6.37%
All Time High: $ 22.71
All Time High Date: April 29, 2018
- Historical Data
- Terraform’s Do Kwon mounts last ditch effort to avoid extradition: ReportCointelegraph.com News - 7 minutes agoLawyers for Terraform Labs co-founder Do Kwon have mounted a final attempt to appeal his extradition from Montenegro. Terraform Labs co-founder Do Kwon has launched…
- UAE researchers launch blockchain carbon trading platform at COP28Cointelegraph.com News - 17 minutes agoThe institute said it adopted a lightweight and efficient blockchain not intended to be computationally wasteful, where trading can be facilitated at little to no…
- Global policymakers are still pushing CBDCs despite their failuresCointelegraph.com News - 57 minutes agoFrom Thailand to the Eastern Caribbean, the CBDC experience has been one of government waste. So why do financial authorities keep pushing them? Despite the…
- Judge accepts Binance CEO CZ’s guilty plea, with sentencing in FebCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoThis court “hereby accepts the guilty plea of the defendant to the charge […] and the defendant is adjudged guilty of such offense,” wrote Judge…
- Bitzlato ex-CEO Legkodymov pleads guilty to 1 count in Brooklyn courtCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoThe Hong Kong-based crypto exchange had no KYC and was a major support for the darknet marketplace Hydra. Anatoly Legkodymov, co-founder and former CEO of…
What is EOS?
EOS is a decentralized operational system for developing and running smart contracts and decentralized applications. Those applications can run on the EOS blockchain without requiring any transaction fees. Instead, the developer needs only to stake a proportional amount of EOS tokens to host and execute applications on its blockchain. Therefore, it allows for self-sufficient application deployment. The amount of computational power one is entitled to is proportional to how many EOS tokens they're holding and the total EOS in circulation.
Applications run smoother on EOS because of its parallel processing capability. It has a dPoS system, in which 21 elected nodes are elected as block producers. These nodes are constantly checked for availability and if they are unable to produce a block over a 24h time-span, their position is revoked.
- 0,688462 €
- $ 0.743077