Rank: # 150
Market Cap: $ 214,282,094
Volume (24hrs): $ 33,244,637
Circulating Supply: 7,849,694 ZEC
Price in BTC: Ƀ 0.00101056
Change (1 Hr): 0.07%
Change (7 Days): 4.10%
Change (30 Days): 14.39%
All Time High: $ 3,191.93
All Time High Date: October 29, 2016
- Historical Data
- Microsoft to form nuclear power team to support AI: ReportCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoMicrosoft is forming a new team of professionals to advance its artificial intelligence plans with Small Modular Reactors and microreactors. Tech giant Microsoft is apparently…
- Crypto synthetic assets, explainedCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoA synthetic asset represents real-world assets digitally, created and traded on blockchain networks, mirroring the value and behavior of its underlying counterpart. What are crypto…
- FTX exploiter moved over $17M in ETH in the last 24 hoursCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoA significant portion of the 7,749 ETH, worth roughly $13 million, was directed toward the THORChain router and Railgun contract. According to recent information from…
- DOJ readies witnesses in Bankman-Fried trial, highlights FTX asset managementCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoThe DOJ intends to highlight the experiences of retail and institutional clients who entrusted substantial assets to FTX. The Department of Justice (DOJ) has confirmed…
- Vitalik Buterin voices concerns over DAOs approving ETH staking pool operatorsCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoThe Ethereum co-founder proposes a solution that could lower the likelihood of any individual liquid staking provider growing to a point where it poses a…
What is Zcash?
Zcash (ZEC) is a coin running on the Zcash blockchain. The main purpose of Zcash is to protect the privacy of its users. Zcash implements the "Zerocash" protocol which offers a high level of privacy. Using the Bitcoin's core code, Zcash implements the decentralized-anonymous-payment scheme. Although transactions are recorded on the blockchain, zero-knowledge succinct non-interactive arguments of knowledge (zk-SNARKs) protocol hide all information about the sender, receiver and amount of transaction. To verify a transactions, a "Zero-knowledge proof" protocol is used. Verification take place without revealing the sender or receiver and transaction size. These three pieces of information are recorded in an encrypted form on the blockchain and are not publicly accessible.
Zcash was founded by Zooko Wilcox, who is also the present CEO. He is known for his contribution to Digicash, ZRTP and SPHINCS. The team consists of 31 members and 6 advisors including Gavin Anderson and Vitalik Buterin. There are 4 members providing outside councilling for this project.
- 25,85 €
- $ 27.37