Rank: # 9
Market Cap: $ 19,156,794,500
Volume (24hrs): $ 1,533,592,533
Circulating Supply: 34,994,220,267 ADA
Price in BTC: Ƀ 0.00001230
Change (1 Hr): 0.69%
Change (7 Days): 42.60%
Change (30 Days): 53.96%
All Time High: $ 3.09
All Time High Date: September 2, 2021
- Historical Data
- Markets rethink Fed rate cuts as Bitcoin circles $44K on US jobs dataCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoBitcoin traders are increasingly focusing on altcoins as BTC price action cools following the week’s vertical upside. Bitcoin (BTC) tapped $44,000 after the Dec. 8…
- BRC-20 tokens are presenting new opportunities for Bitcoin buyersCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoThe possibilities for development on the Bitcoin network are expanding — and the BRC-20 ecosystem’s rapidly growing market cap reflects the new opportunities. As the…
- Bitcoin’s many deaths: Is crypto market past ‘point of no return?’Cointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoBitcoin has been declared dead more times than you’d think amid downswings in the market, but it’s always managed to bounce back. Bitcoin and the…
- Microsoft faces UK antitrust probe over OpenAI deal structureCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoThe regulator’s examination will assess whether the collaboration constitutes an “acquisition of control,” implying the substantial influence of one party over another. The United Kingdom’s…
- Google’s Gemini, OpenAI’s ChatGPT go head-to-head in Cointelegraph testCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoComparisons of Google’s Gemini and OpenAI’s ChatGPT continue to flood internet social spaces, so we decided to put them to the test with questions of…
What is Cardano?
ADA is a crypto coin running on Cardano Settlement Layer (CSL) blockchain, the first and most secure blockchain based on Proof of stake mechanism validating the transactions. Cardano team calls their proof of stake mechanism Ouroboros. Unlike Proof of Work, where miners invest energy intensive computing power to mine each block, proof of stake chooses a random miner based on the size of the stake (value). In order to generate or mint a new block, a slot leader is chosen with a probability proportional to the amount of coins this node is carrying. So one of ADA's advantages over Bitcoin, Ethereum and other similar cryptocurrencies is its energy-efficient proof of stake transaction validation system. ADA is flexible like Ethereum due to a second layer Cardano Computational Layer (CCL) which supports decentralized applications and smart contracts.
ADA was initially created by Input Output Hong Kong (IOHK), a blockchain development firm. The project was led by Charles Hoskinson who was a former co-founder of Ethereum, Etereum classic and Bitshares. Presently the ADA team consist of three organizations i.e. Cardano foundation, IOHK, and Emurgo.
The major use of Cardano is the transfer of value. Future development of applications on CCL layer can provide the easy and economical payment solution to service providers such as Uber, Upwork, and alike.
- 0,507965 €
- $ 0.548114