Rank: # 22
Market Cap: $ 3,382,786,071
Volume (24hrs): $ 209,612,281
Circulating Supply: 491,599,971 LINK
Price in BTC: Ƀ 0.00040816
Change (1 Hr): -0.28%
Change (7 Days): -10.71%
Change (30 Days): -22.56%
All Time High: $ 52.70
All Time High Date: May 10, 2021
- Historical Data
- FTX's Bankman-Fried to face market manipulation probe, Do Kwon chimes inCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoAs part of a broader inquiry into FTX’s collapse, federal prosecutors are looking at the role that FTX and Alameda may have played in the…
- Spain’s central bank to experiment with wholesale CBDCsCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoThe Bank of Spain said the study can help determine to what extent it can adapt to the “needs and demands of an increasingly digital…
- US regulator to seek feedback on DeFi's impact on financial crimeCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoA “close look” is being taken at money laundering and terror financing laws by FinCEN as it asked banking sector players for feedback on DeFi’s…
- Australian CBDC receives unexpected interest but could hurt banks: RBACointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoThe pilot “eAUD” program is unique in that the Reserve Bank of Australia has not proposed use cases, and has received numerous suggestions from the…
- Telegram to allow no-sim accounts via anon-blockchain-numbersCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoTelegram has increased its security features by enabling support from anonymous blockchain-based numbers that go for around $16. Messaging app Telegram has rolled out a…
What is Chainlink?
ChainLink is a decentralized oracle (software built on top of a blockchain), which provides external data to Ethereum smart contracts. ChainLink is an open source project, started at September 2017 by a company SmartContract. This company was already creating secure oracles for Bitcoin and Ethereum for over 3 years, but in 2017 decided to move towards their own middleware ChainLink. At the moment ChainLink is maintained by 3 developers.
The main purpose for creating ChainLink was to provide nnectivity between blockchains and external software such as bank payments, retail payments (Visa, Paypal), market data (NYSE, Bloomberg) and backend systems (SalesForce, SAP). This allows to integrate blockchain with off-chain sales and local payments, to turn them into smart contracts in exchange for LINK tockens. LINK token is an EIP20 Ethereum token with some additional functions. ICO for LINK tokens was completed on September 2017 raising total of $32.00 M.
Currently ChainLink only works with Ropsten, a test Ethereum network.
Top 10 Cryptocurrencies
- 6,56 €
- $ 6.87