Rank: # 24
Market Cap: $ 3,789,872,157
Volume (24hrs): $ 289,237,733
Circulating Supply: 137,115,442 ETC
Price in BTC: Ƀ 0.00141807
Change (1 Hr): 0.18%
Change (7 Days): -1.68%
Change (30 Days): -18.18%
All Time High: $ 167.09
All Time High Date: May 6, 2021
Ethereum Classic Coverter
Ethereum Classic Chart
Ethereum Classic Chart
- Historical Data
- Kazakhstan ready to legalize crypto as Russians flock to the countryCointelegraph.com News - 46 minutes agoA major bank in Kazakhstan has completed its first purchase of crypto for fiat and the president is ready to approve exchange activities. Kazakhstan is…
- Ethereum Merge was 'executed flawlessly,' says Starkware co-founderCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoStarkware co-founder Eli Ben-Sasson told Cointelegraph that none of the things that people feared about the Merge happened, and everything happened as it should. As…
- Bitcoin price skirts $19.3K amid fear over ‘mother of all rug pulls’Cointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoVolatility has yet to make an appearance on hourly timeframes as the clock ticks down to the September close. Bitcoin (BTC) traders lay in wait…
- APR vs. APY: What’s the difference?Cointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoThe key difference between APY and APR is compound interest. Before investing, compare their potential returns. APR vs. APY: Which is better?The APY provides a…
- UAE Ministry of Economy opens up new headquarters in the MetaverseCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoThe UAE Ministry of Economy continues its push into the Metaverse with the announcement of a “third address” located in a virtual world. The United…
What is Ethereum Classic?
Ethereum Classic (ETC) is a hard fork from Ethereum, initially developed as a response from a hack which took US$50 million in Ether from The DAO, an autonomous organization running a crowdfund to build open-source decentralized business models based on the Ethereum. An expressive group within the community aligned to pull off a fork which would roll back the chain to the state it was before the hacks happened, resulting in ETC.
IOHK, the group responsible for Cardano, is also one of the main ayers behind ETC.
Ethereum Classic and Ethereum, today, are similar platforms but with different futures ahead. ETC won't enjoy the same updates of Ethereum, such as the Casper protocol, but can as well be benefited by different enhancements by their new developers.
Top 10 Cryptocurrencies
- 28,41 €
- $ 27.59