Rank: # 68
Market Cap: $ 648,958,174
Volume (24hrs): $ 27,424,964
Circulating Supply: 901,311 MKR
Price in BTC: Ƀ 0.03705548
Change (1 Hr): -0.16%
Change (7 Days): 21.24%
Change (30 Days): -11.36%
All Time High: $ 6,292.31
All Time High Date: May 3, 2021
- Historical Data
- Kazakhstan ready to legalize crypto as Russians flock to the countryCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoA major bank in Kazakhstan has completed its first purchase of crypto for fiat and the president is ready to approve exchange activities. Kazakhstan is…
- Ethereum Merge was 'executed flawlessly,' says Starkware co-founderCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoStarkware co-founder Eli Ben-Sasson told Cointelegraph that none of the things that people feared about the Merge happened, and everything happened as it should. As…
- Bitcoin price skirts $19.3K amid fear over ‘mother of all rug pulls’Cointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoVolatility has yet to make an appearance on hourly timeframes as the clock ticks down to the September close. Bitcoin (BTC) traders lay in wait…
- APR vs. APY: What’s the difference?Cointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoThe key difference between APY and APR is compound interest. Before investing, compare their potential returns. APR vs. APY: Which is better?The APY provides a…
- UAE Ministry of Economy opens up new headquarters in the MetaverseCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoThe UAE Ministry of Economy continues its push into the Metaverse with the announcement of a “third address” located in a virtual world. The United…
What is Maker?
Maker is the system responsible for making DAI stable through “collateralized debt position” (CDPs) smart contracts on the Ethereum. MKR is an ERC-20 token created in response to insufficient collateral to back for DAI CDPs.
DAI is created through loan contracts which use Ether as a collateral. MKR Holders are responsible for regulating the collateralized rate making DAI consistently worth $1 and are rewarded for doing it; CDPs include a fee which is paid using MKR that is always burned, evating MKR's value.
CDPs are automatically liquidated in case Ether drops to a price such that their collateral (ETH) drops below a given value that is not enough to finance the amount of DAI loaned. If the liquidated volume recovered isn't enough to cover for the corresponding DAI volume loaned, the Maker system automatically creates new MKR tokens which are sold in open markets ensuring a positive balance. This mechanism incentives MKR holders to make rational decisions when voting for collateralized rates.
MakerDAO, the group responsible for Maker, also run a decentralized exchange called OasisDEX.
Top 10 Cryptocurrencies
- 741,88 €
- $ 720.40